* Don’t overdo it – do not eat high-calorie foods that compensate for the fasting hours.
* Keep it healthy: make sure each meal has complex rather than simple carbs, no refined sugar, a healthy protein & plenty of color.
* Drink water, water & water. Try to drink around 2 L of water to replenish the cells in your body between Iftar and Suhoor.
* Reduce intake of oil and sugar in your food as it makes you feel lazy & less energetic.
* Avoid carbonated drinks.
* Fruits are a better option than fruit juices as they are rich in fiber.
* Replace rice with quinoa or brown rice (whole grains)
* Try not to drink too much tea especially at Suhoor as it can increase fluids lost through urination.
* Fasting shouldn’t be an excuse not to exercise. Even simple body weight exercises in the comfort of your home can do!